Friday, September 4, 2009

thank god its friday ...

and I get to go home and stay there, lie on the couch and not move for a couple of days.

I had to tell my boss yesterday, well, I didn't have to but it seemed rude given that he wanted to pay lots of money to send me to a conference in March in Washington. Which would have been fab, but it turns out I have other plans for March. To say that misogyny is alive and well fairly describes his reaction. He is old skewell when it comes to having women in his team at the best of times, and that's cos we all go and get pregnant on him. I pointed out that I didn't just go and get pregnant but it didn't seem to mollify him. Today, he turns out that he is not talking to me. And no, I don't work in a kindergarten, it just feels like it sometimes.

Things are OK on the family front. My SIL seems to be coping remarkably well, and I am trying desperately to maintain an illusion that this means nothing for my bean.

Still - thank god for the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment