Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Baby still on board

I knew I didn't trust hospitals for a reason (like the complete misdiagnosis of the first two ectopics, ohhh, just as an example).

Turns out bleeding is a subchorionic haematoma. Its a clot in the newly forming placenta and its clearly visible when Karen does my weekly ultrasound this morning. Fortunately it is fairly far away from Bean, also Bean continues to have a heartbeat (153bpm in case anyone is counting). This is good.

Dr Google tells me that 40% of pregnancies will have some bleeding and 50% of those will go on to be fine. Luckily that leaves me 50% to worry about. My FS starts to talk about handing me over to an obs (which she is not). I'm not sure I can cope with graduation, but luckily I get to have a blood test to compensate.

No comments:

Post a Comment