Wednesday, June 24, 2009

And boy do I have em ...

Symptoms that is.

As anyone who has been trying to conceive will know, the 2ww is a time of awe and wonder. NOT!! I have every symptom under the sun - cramps, nausea, sore boobs, emotional changes. And none of this is indicative of anything except that I am taking way toooooo much progesterone. Yes, the mighty sypmtoms of progesterone are EXACTLY the same as early pregnancy symptoms.

Assuming you happen to by one of the small but happy percentage who even get early pregnancy symptoms. My sister-in-law, one of those people who falls pregnant whenever she feels like it (don't even get me started!!) once told me that she knows to the minute when she conceives. She wasn't particularly thrilled at me when I suggested that she should have sex more, but hey, what did I say.

I, on the other hand, not so much. I am officially 8 days past ovulation, 3 days past transfer. If the either of my passengers is going to stick around, they have deciding to do so and are happily burrowing away. Some people start peeing on a stick at this point - there is not even any point to me doing that, as the pregnyl will just show up as a false positive.

Stay calm and relax, is the general mantra. Which would be fine, except that they take away all the normal props for staying calm and relaxed, no cigarettes, no alcohol, no happy food. Its a shame that there is no mantra for stay paranoid and manic - that I would be chanting.

No comments:

Post a Comment