Sunday, June 7, 2009

Slight emergency

Is it bad form to kill your partner before the embryo transfer. I just need to get the etiquette down.

So all is proceeding to plan, started sniffing lucrin yesterday (and what a joyous occassion that is for all concerned - that is not a strawberry scented delight sliding down my nose). Nevermind, its all the greater good etc. Sunday, that is tonight, off I happily trip to the fridge to get my Puregon. But wait, no puregon, no pregnyl.

SWP has had a complete brain failure. There was not enough room in the fridge, so he has taken my incredibly expensive fertility drugs out and left them with the other drugs in the bathroom. Despite knowing that they get picked up with massive ice packs and that they must go straight home to the fridge, despite me checking 3 times with him "did you put the drugs in the fridge", despite this being our 4th stim cycle (so he has been here before) - he thought they would be OK on the bench. He doesn't know why either.

Luckily the after hours clinic answers the phone (it is 7.30 on Sunday). Annie doesn't know whether I can use them, but phones back to say that the pregnyl will have to be destroyed but the puregon will be OK. I have to go and pick up more pregnyl with my blood tests this week.

Oh, and she says that I can't kill him, she thinks that we will need him later. Personally, Im not so sure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment