Saturday, August 15, 2009

breasts, boobs, norks, tits .. oh and bleeding.

I was going to write something terribly amusing about my trip for new bra's yesterday, but then I started bleeding again, which tempered the amusement somewhat.

But where was I, yes, yesterday it finally became apparently obvious (its been sneaking up ok) that the ongoing battle with my breasts was well and truly lost. Between ivf and its outcome, there is no room left to pretend - these things have got huge!!!!

I was hoping I could hold out until maternity bras, but Friday night lying on the couch (its all a massive go-go here in our lives) and still falling out of my top made the trip to the shops inevitable.

So there we were, Spot the wonder boy, the fantastically pert 12 year old, and my breasts. Little miss pert suggested that maternity bras were not the way to go yet (finally someone as paranoid as me!!) and that I just buy a couple in a larger size to get me through until underwire was no longer a good idea. Now, just let me preface this with I like underwire - underwire has been my friend for many a year, underwire is a perfect way to start the day as far as I am concerned. I used to be a 12C, there used to be options, not anymore. Now, as a 14DD, a bra is no longer something lacy to fling around the room with abandon, it is a feat of structural engineering that defies the laws of physics (its life, Jim, but not as we know it). There was some debate about whether I wanted full coverage or merely balcony, but and I quote (before I had to go and have a bex and a nice lie down) "Since your nipples are obviously affected, full coverage might be the way to go". Yes, yes, Fuck off Miss Perky, one day gravity will happen to you and .... oh whatever, there was no come back, she was the one with the tape measure and I'm standing there half naked. Just one more reminder that we are on our way here.

Spot finds the whole full coverage disturbing, finally there was going to be something in this for him - huge breasts to at least look at. He's a simple soul.

In other news, yes, started bleeding again, well, spotting anyway. How did I know this would happen, well, its the weekend for starters, and I have no cup-cakes. At least I have the test drive of the the obs on Tuesday - that should come with an ultrasound, or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment