Thursday, August 13, 2009

Things I forgot to do ..

Go figure.

I had to go this morning and have normal pregnancy screens, you know rubella, Hiv, those sorts of things that normal women do. It turns out that we haven't done those yet, too busy concentrating on hcgs and monitoring screens, and the like, but obs won't see you until you tell them that you don't have any massively communicable diseases that are really going to destroy their weekend.

It was a at a normal collection clinic, not my clinic (who are still holding up to the cutting me off thing). With normal people (well, as normal as you get in pathology clinics at 8 in the morning). You can tell I found this weird - I had to take a number???? And then wait? With normal people.

Although, it was the pathology clinic from my first round of IVF, years ago and the nurse was really pleased to see me back, so that makes up for something I suppose. This is the nurse who kept telling me about her five children, back when I believed that IVF might work and give me a baby, it was a very weird juxtaposition of "tell me more, oh beacon of hope that women actually get pregnant" and "would you just shut up about this, ummm infertile chick here".

So now we have to wait a few days, before we find out if I have anything that is going to cause a VERY unpleasant conversation between me and Spot the wonder boy. "Hey babe, anything you would like to share, hon". Seriously, can you imagine??? That would not go well.

No news on bean front - which I suppose is good news. I tell you, when I organise this evolution thing next time, its going to be soooo much better. A screen somewhere discreet and useful, just over the right hip for example, that tells you just what is going on - think about it, no 2ww crap, just a small sign that comes up with conception details as they occur "Implantation has occured" or "Sorry, you may now drink wine and have a cigarette"; constant updates, terminator style "limb buds developed on track"; "warning, progesterone dropping"; and beeping when an emergency room is required, like the beep that comes when I leave the fridge door open too long. Forget opposable thumbs - that would be useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment